Tuesday, January 09, 2007

How Kids Can Amaze You

It is just before school is about to break for the Christmas holidays when my son comes home with the letter saying he has met the requirements to be placed in Open Doors (Gifted). He is really excited about it, mostly because they get to play chess. I'm really happy for him and dutifully sign the paperwork and send it back. A couple days later, I pick him up from school and the following conversation ensues.

J: "This lady came around today passing out applications to Power APAC. She said that we should apply."

Me: "Really."

J: "Yes and I could get in since I got into Open Doors."

Me: "Are you sure that is true. Don't they have another set of guidelines."

J: "Could you let me finish, Ma."

Me(sarcastically): "I am so sorry that I interrupted you."

J: "This program is at another school. This means that I would have to leave Davis. Do you hear me, Ma, leave Davis.

Me: "And I'm guessing that you don't like that idea."

J: "Well, duh, no. I like Davis. All my friends are there."

Me: "Well you don't have to go. It's your choice."

J: "Thank you cause I really don't want to go."

Me: "No problem."

J: "Well, I'm glad we have an understanding."


I then turn to Chris who is about to bust and say. "What did he just say?"
Chris replies, "That he is in charge!!"

Isn't it amazing what children can come up with.

No comments: