Saturday, April 29, 2006

House Hunting

I've begun a new phase in my life-buying a house. When I began, I had all these ideas about what kind of house I wanted and what type of neighborhood I wanted to live in. Then I began looking for that home and quickly realized that if it did exist, it was way outside of my price range. So I moved on to the next best thing and started to look for a house that I liked, but which didn't necessarily have all the criteria that I had first looked for. Once again, I was surprised to find that out of the 10 houses that I've seen already very few had any qualities that I want in my future home. I've also learned more about foundations, paint, carpet, crime statistics, and square footage than I ever thought I wanted to know, yet is extremely important in selecting a house to purchase. Not to mention the wealth of information that I've learned about loans and bond money and closing costs and ugh. The more I look for a suitable home for my son and future family, the more frustrated I get. Then I remember that patience is a virtue and to have it is to understand that what you want will come to you in due time. (Those of you that are religious will understand that.) So I press on, remembering that this is only a test of my endurance and soon I will find what I am looking for.

No comments: