Thursday, August 18, 2005

Week 1

The first week of school is over and I must say that this is definitely easier the second time around. Of course, nothing is funtioning properly. The schedules are all wrong and we're still waiting to have them fixed. We are an America's Choice school and have to have all these different walls and posters up which the new teachers have no clue about. There is no Language Arts or Science teacher for one of the teams. Nor is there an administrator in the building with a clue as to what in the world is really going on.
Yet, I've learned to take it all in stride. Even though, the administrator who loved me to death last year, now hates my guts. Because I was in school and could not go to the training, he took the Pre-Ap classes that I earned because of my test scores. I was not even asked did I want the head girl's basketball coach position (which I did anyway last year) and a new teacher was put over me. I was removed without my knowledge from the school newsletter and they put me on a totally different team.
This time last year, I would've been in tears because it was so important for me to be on his good side (of which there is not much), but now I sit back and smile. I have no need for administrative validation. I know now that I can teach and I am a good teacher and the fact that he doesn't care for me this moment in life doesn't mean s@#*. I will not be broken because I know I am in the right place. I will not be defeated when I know what I can do. I will not break under the pressure of ignorance. Nothing can make me mad, sad, or even worried.
Why? It' s all in my test scores, baby. Eat that, RJ!

No comments: